Our website address is: www.burdekinhandyman.com.au
Data – collectively all information that you submit to Burdekin Handyman via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
Burdekin Handyman we or us
User or you – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Burdekin Handyman and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Burdekin Handyman and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website – the website that your are currently using, www.burdekinhandyman.com.au, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trust and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Date of Birth
d. Job title
e. Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), Burdekin Handyman is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit for no longer than 12 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products/services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest ot you;
Third party websites and services
10. Burdekin Handyman may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of the Website.
Links to other websites
13. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser or our business of any part of it.
14. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
15. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
16. Use of data for direct marketing purposes;
Functionality of the Website
17. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
18. This website may use Google Fonts. Google is GDPR compliant.
19. This website uses Google Maps. Whilst this website does not collect data from Google Maps, Google may. Google is GDPR compliant.
20. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
21. We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
22. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
23. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Accessing your own Data
24. You have the right to ask for a copy on any of your personal Data held by Burdekin Handyman (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, if applicable.
25. Data security is of great importance to Burdekin Handyman and to protect your Data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
26. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
27. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
32. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.